Habitat Women Build

Alex - 84 Lumber

• Members

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I wanted to share a great opportunity to support Habitat for Humanity and help a deserving woman build her own home with this year's Women Build. We are halfway to our goal of $80,000 and are still needing volunteers to help with the build itself, no construction experience is required!

Please see the information below and reach out to me at alexandra@84lumber.com if you or someone you know is interested in sponsoring or volunteering.

Thank you!

See sponsorship info here

Habitat generic: Since 1985, Habitat Greenville has been partnering with families throughout Greenville County to provide them with decent, affordable homeownership. 
Women Build has been a part of our history since the early 2000's when women would build together for a day or a week long dedicated build.

Who can participate?

While Women Build is intended to recruit, train and empower women, everyone is welcome to build (or participate)! We invite, women and allies of women to partner with us in support of Women Build. And no construction experience is necessary to volunteer with Habitat.

Why should I support Women Build?

Not only are you working alongside other women in our community to draw awareness to the need for affordable housing (especially among single-women head of household) but you are also coming alongside a woman in need in our community and supporting her on her journey to homeownership. Women supporting women is a beautiful byproduct of this build. Any financial donations made to Women Build will be applied to the construction costs of the home. 

What does it cost to build the Women Build house?

The total partnership fee is $80,000. Throughout the Women Build's history, those funds have been secured through multiple donors at various levels of giving. Please see our sponsorship form for more details.

How do I volunteer for Women Build?

Habitat has a volunteer schedule which lists available volunteer days, the work that will be done on each day and how many volunteers are needed to complete the work. We also offer two shifts: AM 800-1130 or PM 1200-330, or feel free to stay for the entire day. No construction experience is necessary and Habitat provides all tools, safety equipment, water and snacks.

Advocacy

As a participant in Women Build, you are also supporting our commitment to the advancement of public policies that better empower individuals to become homeowners, maintain ownership of their home, advance the economic mobility of our constituents, and work to address inequities in each of these areas.

2022 Women Build Prospectus (1) (2).pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...