Panel discussion on removing gender roles

JenC

• Administrator
  1. Please Share With Us What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mean to You and Why They’re Important.
  2. In Your Opinion, What Is the Most Challenging Aspect of Working in a Diverse Environment?
  3. What Is Your Approach to Understanding the Perspectives of Colleagues From Different Backgrounds?
  4.  How Would You Handle a Situation Where a Colleague Was Being Culturally Insensitive, Sexist, Racist, or Homophobic? 
  5. How Would You Advocate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion With Colleagues Who Don’t Understand its Importance?
  6. Tell Me About a Time When You Advocated for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.
  7. Can You Give Me an Example of How You Make Your Direct Reports Feel a Sense of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity on a Daily Basis?
  8. What Steps Will You Take to Eliminate Bias From Your Hiring Process?

Forum Sig Final-modified-modified (1).png     Owner / Operator PCModz Technologies

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Michael Powell said:
  1. Please Share With Us What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mean to You and Why They’re Important.
  2. In Your Opinion, What Is the Most Challenging Aspect of Working in a Diverse Environment?
  3. What Is Your Approach to Understanding the Perspectives of Colleagues From Different Backgrounds?
  4.  How Would You Handle a Situation Where a Colleague Was Being Culturally Insensitive, Sexist, Racist, or Homophobic? 
  5. How Would You Advocate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion With Colleagues Who Don’t Understand its Importance?
  6. Tell Me About a Time When You Advocated for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.
  7. Can You Give Me an Example of How You Make Your Direct Reports Feel a Sense of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity on a Daily Basis?
  8. What Steps Will You Take to Eliminate Bias From Your Hiring Process?

Inclusion: A feeling of belonging, To value differences to achieve superior results, All are welcome, valued, and included.

Diversity: An appreciation of a variety of abilities, skills, and experiences. , To actively seek stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve superior results., Giving all individuals and organizations the opportunity to compete in a fair and open marketplace.

Equity: A dedication to providing opportunities for all., Creating the conditions for everyone to compete on a fair and level playing field., Every individual has the opportunity to succeed.

I'd like to say I came up with these myself but ABC IDE program aligns perfectly with my thoughts.

• Administrator
Just now, ChristiPowell said:

Inclusion: A feeling of belonging, To value differences to achieve superior results, All are welcome, valued, and included.

Diversity: An appreciation of a variety of abilities, skills, and experiences. , To actively seek stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve superior results., Giving all individuals and organizations the opportunity to compete in a fair and open marketplace.

Equity: A dedication to providing opportunities for all., Creating the conditions for everyone to compete on a fair and level playing field., Every individual has the opportunity to succeed.

I'd like to say I came up with these myself but ABC IDE program aligns perfectly with my thoughts.

2. With the right attitude, the benefits far outweigh the challenges.

3. Being curious and asking questions helps me understand the perspectives of my colleagues from different backgrounds.

4. Discuss the situation directly with the person.  Asking why they feel that way, understanding them and then it opens the door for them to understand you!